Treatment for each person with Parkinson's is based on his or her symptoms. This is where home health can work with your doctor to provide a plan that addresses your unique needs and treatments.
Home Health can be the right choice for you or a loved one with Parkinson’s! Our nurses and therapists can help you manage Parkinson’s disease at home.
There are many medications available to treat Parkinson’s symptoms, although none yet reverse the effects of the disease. It is common for people with Parkinson’s to take a variety of these medications — all at different doses and at different times of day — to manage symptoms.
While keeping track of medications can be a challenging task, understanding your medications and sticking to a schedule will provide the greatest benefit from the drugs and avoid unpleasant “off” periods due to missed doses.
Other symptoms home health can address with treatment plans:
· Struggle to complete Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
· Difficulty with fine motor skills such as opening bottles or taking medications
· Self-feeding challenges due to rigidity or coordination
· Have had a fall or is unsteady in gait
· Have loss of balance or difficulty/slowness transferring from sitting to standing position
· Have reduced energy and conservation techniques would be helpful
Benefits of Home Health:
· Timely interventions due to sign and symptom recognition
· Implementation of a treatment plan developed by health care professionals
· Reduced fall risk
· Decreased risk of hospitalization
Caring for someone with Parkinson’s requires patience, an understanding of Parkinson’s symptoms, recognition of the importance of medication timing, and the ability to provide support on an ongoing basis. Quality First Home Care has skilled clinicians available and trusted relationships with community providers to establish a plan of care to manage your care at home.
Visit our Services page to find out more about home health and how we can help you enhance your quality of life with personalized care at home.
Quality First Home Care is a Medicare-certified and state-licensed home health agency. We, with our sister agencies, offer home health, private duty, and personal care support services in 29 counties throughout West and Middle Tennessee. Locally owned and operated, we proudly support the communities in which we serve.
Exceptional patient care is our goal. Active listening and clear communication with our patients make them feel empowered to make informed decisions about their health care. We strive to maintain a culture of excellence for our patients, caregivers, physicians, and other providers. Our focus on quality, safety, advocacy, and service enables us to actively demonstrate our mission each day.